Expats and cross-border assignments
Special tax and social security regulations apply to employees working abroad (expats). There are also other aspects to consider, from arranging residency permits to observing the correct registration and administration procedures in the host country.
BDO’s Global Mobility Team offers comprehensive assistance that will really benefit you. Our specialists advise you on inbound assignments to Switzerland (inpatriates) or outbound assignments abroad (expatriates), helping you reduce complexity – and costs.
BDO’s broad international network spans more than 150 countries, offering experience and expertise in employee assignments, individual tax returns, integration and ongoing support topics.
- Assistance with drafting/revising assignment policies
- Developing an ideal expat strategy
- Checklists for companies in the host or home country
- General advice on tax and legal matters
- Individual tax advice
- Support with Swiss work and residency permits