Right now, the only constant in international tax law is change. Despite efforts by numerous states to press ahead on global harmonization of national tax laws, many loopholes and inconsistencies remain in practice. Switzerland is not immune to these developments - or their far-reaching consequences.
Multinationals in Switzerland are faced with the challenge of assessing their current situation while developments at the national and supranational level are happening all around them. They need to adapt - in good time - to new Swiss and international tax laws, which may involve setting up new globally accepted structures.
Together with other experts from more than 150 countries in BDO’s global network, we actively support your endeavors.
Services at a glance:
- Support with strategic tax planning
- Advice on the OECD’s Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project, including its impact on your business
- Tax-optimized structuring of your business operations, taking into account the specific organisational and legal setup in relevant countries
- Planning of cross-border M&A transactions and restructuring, including support with implementation
- Development of tax-efficient group financing models using third-party (banks, capital market, private equity investors) or internal (cash pool, finance companies) lenders
- Avoiding the risk of double taxation, applying relevant double taxation treaties (DTTs) and other multilateral agreements
- Evaluation of opportunities arising in connection with international tax developments and mitigation of potential risks
- Development and monitoring of the compliance process, ensuring correct and timely compliance with international reporting requirements