Annual report 2022

Sharing mindsets – shaping the future

Thomas Studhalter, CEO

Thomas Studhalter, CEO


Despite an uncertain economic climate and a challenging business environment, BDO managed to continue the positive trajectory of recent years, increasing turnover by 4 percent to CHF 257 million in 2022. By publishing our sustainability report for the first time, we are also taking a major step on our journey towards a sustainable future.

read more
Harry Affolter, Verwaltungsratspräsident

Harry Affolter,
Chairman of the Board of Directors of BDO


"We have launched various initiatives to counteract the shortage of skilled workers and to improve BDO's position in the market as an attractive employer."

Read our assessment of the current business environment and find out what motivates BDO.

read more

Business performance

BDO generated revenue of CHF 257.0 million in 2022, an increase of 4 percent on the prior year.

read more

Facts and figures



Clients (+2.4%)

Audit engagements


Audit engagements (+2.3%)



Employees (+7.3%)



Trainees (+7.9%)

Proportion of women


Proportion of women (±0%)

Average age


Average age (±0%)

Part-time employees


Part-time employees (+12.7%)

employee training and development


of revenue goes to employee training and development (+0.2%)

Greenhouse gas emissions


Greenhouse gas emissions (t CO2e) (+31.4% )


All relevant facts and figures at a glance – download your copy now.


Carbon footprint

As part of our active commitment to sustainability and climate protection, BDO has been offsetting CO2 emissions with myclimate certificates since 2016 and is thus recognised as a climate-neutral company.

Greenhouse gas emissions broken down by category

Total emissions of the last five years (t CO2e)

Sustainability Report

Read more on this topic in our sustainability report.


BDO network facts

  2022 2021 Change
Worldwide revenue (USD million) 12,800 11,800 + 12.1%
People 111,307 97,292 + 14.4%
Offices 1,803 1,728 + 4.3%
National member firms 164 164


Managed by our Partners

Our 84 Partners hold an 80.5 percent stake in BDO, while our own pension fund holds the other 19.5 percent (as at 31.12.2022). Thomas Studhalter has been CEO of BDO since 1 January 2021. The Executive Committee also includes the five Heads of Regional Management and the Heads of Audit, Business Services & Outsourcing and Tax & Law.

BDO Geschäftsleitung

Executive Committee

Back (from left to right): Denis Boivin, Beat Rüfenacht, Stefan Kühn, Peter Baumgartner, Stephan Bolliger

Front (from left to right): Marcel Rohrer, Yvan Haymoz, Thomas Studhalter, Harry Affolter

BDO Geschäftsleitung

Board of Directors

Back (from left to right): Sibylle Kammer (Member of the Board of Directors), Harry Affolter (Chairman of the Board of Directors), Isabelle Cartier-Rumo (Member of the Board of Directors)

Front (from left to right): Thomas Studhalter (Delegate of the Board of Directors), Dr. Michèle Etienne (Member of the Board of Directors).