The challenges set out below often need to be dealt with quickly – but to the highest quality standards. You can rely on the expertise of BDO’s actuaries. With your specific situation in mind, we will work with you to find the best solution.
- When dealing with complex company issues (new strategy, cooperation agreements, portfolio takeovers, new products, etc.) you need a second opinion from someone with actuarial expertise.
- Your company is experiencing a bottleneck in the actuarial team and you require external actuarial support.
- You’re seeking external (actuarial) expertise to support you with an important project.
- Your internal audit team lacks actuarial know-how – and needs external actuarial support to carry out an (internal) audit assignment set by the board of directors.
- You want competent actuarial advice for a submission to the Financial Market Supervisory Authority or other authorities.
Supporting insurance companies with actuarial topics:
- Strategy development
- Preparing and submitting business plans to FINMA
- Product development/pricing/surplus dividends
- Reserving and valuation (technical provisions, tied assets, SST, embedded value)
- Exchange with FINMA
- Actuarial opinions (second opinion for management)
Actuarial consulting for insurance companies:
- Regulatory topics (Insurance Contract Act, Insurance Contract Ordinance, Insurance Supervision Ordinance, FINMA-ISO, FINMA circulars)
- Risk management/ORSA
- Internal audit
- Innovation (e.g. optimising calculation models)