Initial Coin Offerings (ICO)
An ICO (initial coin offering) is the digital answer to the traditional IPO. Are you exploring new financing models for expansion plans, innovation projects, business development or for your start-up? An ICO is a modern alternative to typical capital funding.
BDO supports you with relevant expertise and a proven track record in start-up advisory.
Our ICO services at a glance:
Strategy and marketing
- Review the marketing, regulatory, accounting, tax and legal aspects of your strategy
Legal, tax and accounting
- Legal advice regarding the selection of the most suitable legal form
- Establish a company (including preparing Certificate of Incorporation, corresponding with notaries and the commercial registry)
- Provide further legal business advice (e.g. data protection)
- Assess potential direct and indirect tax structures
- Prepare direct and indirect tax assessments and correspond with the tax authorities
- Analyse and advise you on accounting
Regulatory and finance
- Support you concerning the communication with the authorities (e.g. FINMA)
- Determine the regulatory classification of your business model
- Advise you on questions regarding organisation, risk management and compliance
- Perform regulatory and financial audits (including anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) services)
- Perform company valuation and develop financing model
- Prepare white paper business plans
- Due Diligence
Technology and project advisory
- Assess smart contracts
- Identify errors and security gaps in the source code of your smart contract
- IT process audit
- Project audit and internal control system (ICS)
Who invests in an ICO?
Commonly, large investors (crypto investment funds, venture investors and business angels) account for around half of the amount invested in an ICO. BDO can provide you with a densely linked network of potential investors and support you in selecting and contacting relevant parties.
Looking for advice? Contact one of our experts.
Download: BDO ICO services at a glance: