Health and safety
Coronavirus is an infectious disease. Gatherings of people in the workplace can expose employees to the virus. The pandemic puts companies in the challenging position of having to balance the interests of ongoing productivity and efficiency with the need to provide a safe working environment for their people. Our HR advisers are familiar with all the relevant legal requirements and can help you take responsible action as an employer.
You may wish to consider the following measures as you seek to protect the safety of your employees and customers while limiting the negative economic impact on your company.
- Designate the health and safety of your people as your top priority.
- Communicate clearly and quickly with your people.
- Make use of flexible working arrangements.
- Research the legal aspects of home office.
- Consider and, if relevant, apply for compensation for short-time working.
PDF: Visa and travel information - Switzerland
Article: Global Mobility during COVID-19 – Are your expatriates adequately protected?