BDO Horizons 2017 - Issue 4
16 November 2017
Original content provided by BDO
Each quarter BDO’s Mergers & Acquisitions team analyses global deal activity across a number of regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving - and where it appears to be heading.
Issue 4 2017 includes:
- Global view – A trend reversal to the slowdown of Q2 has not yet taken place. However, the outlook looks brighter than ever before this year.
- Special feature – China outbound investment: Bigger, more sophisticated and diversified.
- Private Equity – Firms are taking "wait and see" approach in competitive market.
- North America – Valuations at unprecedented levels causing buyers to balk and stagnate activity.
- Natural Resources - Mining sector M&A on the rise, while Oil & Gas sector focuses on strategic rationalisation for now.
- Real Estate – M&A activity continues to grow in Asia while traditional real estate hubs have quieter quarter.