Diversity & Inclusion Management (D&I)
Oct 18, 2021
Why Diversity & Inclusion Management:
- At BDO, we pay special attention to the way we interact. Only if everyone can unfold their potential and contribute different views and experience will true value - and new ideas - emerge.
- Diversity & Inclusion allows us to understand our clients better, deliver tailored solutions and be an even more attractive employer.
What we're doing:
- Alongside our top management, we have a diverse D&I Core Team that actively seeks to cultivate a culture of openness, mutual respect and appreciation of differences and individuality.
- BDO encourages open communication and respect by enabling lively exchange in various networks. Through these channels, our people can contribute their different views, experiences and ideas and know that they will be heard by management. Measures like these help us to use diversity productively.
- Around half of all BDO people are women. BDO is actively committed to improving the gender balance at top management level as well.
BDO's D&I objectives:
- Create a non-discriminatory work environment and safeguard equal opportunities
- Generation mix: Leverage the potential of older and younger employees
- Enable a work-life balance and promote ways to manage work, leisure and family
Facts and figures:
We employee around 1,300 people from five generations.
- Around 60% of our people are under 39 years of age.
- BDO is a proponent and enabler of part-time work. Already around a third of our headcount has a part-time arrangement.
- Managing work, leisure and family:
- Flexible working time with the annualised hours model
- Remote working possible
- Compensation of overtime possible
- Proximity to home thanks to 34 offices
- Option to take unpaid leave (sabbatical)