This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies. Please read our PRIVACY POLICY for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.
  • Annual report 2021

    Sharing mindsets – shaping the future

 

Editorial

The coronavirus pandemic continued to exert a strong influence on the economy and society in 2021. BDO looks back on a successful financial year 2021 despite the difficult environment. Revenue increased by 6 percent to CHF 247.1 million. Growth was mainly organic, with contributions from almost all regions, units and service lines.
 

Read more

Thomas Studhalter, CEO

Thomas Studhalter, CEO

 
 
 

Environment

"BDO strives to achieve sustainable success. Our steady growth over the years shows that we are well on track with our ambitious goals."

Read our assessment of the current business environment and discover what’s inspiring change at BDO.
 

Read more

Harry Affolter, Chairman of the Board of Directors of BDO

Harry Affolter,
Chairman of the Board of Directors of BDO

 

 

Business performance

High quality demands, digital solutions and shifting conditions due to legal changes – in a complex environment, BDO increased revenue by 6 percent year-on-year to CHF 247.1 million in the 2021 financial year
 

Read more

 
 
 

 

Facts and figures

24,611

Clients (+ 0.4%)

7,428

Audit engagements (+ 1.8%)

1,470

Employees (+ 0.6%)

76

Trainees (- 10.6%)

49%

Proportion of women (± 0%)

38

Average age (+ 2.4%)

31%

Part-time employees (+ 0.9%)

4.6%

of revenue goes to employee training and development

 

Factsheet

All relevant facts and figures at a glance – download your copy now.

download

 

 

Carbon footprint

As part of our active commitment to sustainability and climate protection, BDO has been offsetting CO2 emissions with myclimate certificates since 2016 and is thus recognised as a climate-neutral company.

Greenhouse gas emissions broken down by category

 

Total emissions of the last five years (t CO2e)

 

 

BDO network facts

 

 

Organisation

 

Managed by our Partners

Our 80 Partners hold an 80.5 percent stake in BDO, while our own pension fund holds the other 19.5 percent (as at 31.12.2021). Thomas Studhalter has been CEO of BDO since 1 January 2021. The Executive Committee also includes the five Heads of Regional Management and the Heads of Audit, Business Solutions and Tax & Legal.

 

Executive Committee

From left to right
Denis Boivin, Marcel Rohrer, Andreas Wyss, Peter Baumgartner, Harry Affolter, Thomas Studhalter, Stephan Bolliger, René‑Marc Blaser, Beat Rüfenacht

 
 
 

Board of Directors

BDO’s Board of Directors comprises: Harry Affolter (Chairman of the Board of Directors), Thomas Studhalter (Delegate of the Board of Directors), Dr. Michèle Etienne (Member of the Board of Directors).

 
 
Harry Affolter

Harry Affolter
Chairman of the Board of Directors

Thomas Studhalter

Thomas Studhalter
Delegate of the Board of Directors

Dr. Michèle Etienne

Dr. Michèle Etienne
Member of the Board of Directors