This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies. Please read our PRIVACY POLICY for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.

Acting for the future – supporting through digital – providing individual advice

Annual report 2020

Download Factsheet


In 2020, economies and societies around the world were heavily impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Thanks to our positive market position, flexible people and investments in digitalisation, BDO can look back on a solid financial year despite the tough environment.

read more


Thomas Studhalter, CEO BDO Switzerland


Read our assessment of the current business environment and discover what’s inspiring change at BDO


“Working from home offers many advantages - but there are also confidentiality and data protection risks.”

Heinz Vogel, Chairman of the Board of Directors of BDO


read more


Business performance

BDO continues its sustainable growth trajectory from the prior financial year. Revenue increased by 5.3 percent on the prior year to CHF 233 million.

read more




Facts and figures





BDO network facts



All relevant facts and figures at a glance – download your copy now.



Managed by our Partners

Our 82 Partners hold an 80.5 percent stake in BDO, while our own pension fund holds the other 19.5 percent (as at 31.12.2020). Thomas Studhalter took over the lead at BDO as new CEO from 1 January 2021. He succeeds Werner Schiesser, who handed over the reins after ten successful years and at the end of his term of office. Due to limitations on the permissible terms of office, there were two further changes in the Executive Committee of BDO as at 1 January 2021. Markus Helbling, Head of Business Solutions, and Martin Nay, Head of Audit, stepped down from these roles and left the Executive Committee of BDO. Both remain with BDO and continue to support Business Solutions and Audit with their expertise and experience. They are succeeded by Marcel Rohrer as Head of Business Solutions and Beat Rüfenacht as Head of Audit.

Executive Committee

Executive Committee

From left to right

  • Heinz Vogel
  • Denis Boivin
  • Marcel Rohrer
  • Beat Rüfenacht
  • Stephan Bolliger
  • René-Marc Blaser
  • Thomas Studhalter
  • Harry Affolter
  • Andreas Wyss

Board of Directors

BDO’s Board of Directors comprises: Thomas Studhalter (Delegate of the Board of Directors), Heinz Vogel (Chairman of the Board of Directors), Dr. Michèle Etienne (Member of the Board of Directors).

Board of Directors

Newsletter Anmeldung

Inscription newsletter