This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies. Please read our PRIVACY POLICY for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.

Digital, transparent, flexible – our focus on client needs

Annual report 2019

Download Factsheet


BDO looks back on a successful fiscal year that continued the growth trajectory of the prior year. In a dynamic economic environment, BDO increased revenue by 4.7 percent to CHF 221.4 million. All areas reported an increase in revenue in 2019, or were able to match the prior-year level.

Read more


Learn more about the current business environment in which BDO is operating.

«We’re proud that relationships with our clients last well over 20 years on average – a great reflection on the way we do things at BDO.»

Werner Schiesser, CEO BDO Switzerland


Read more


Werner Schiesser, CEO BDO Schweiz

Werner Schiesser, CEO BDO Switzerland

Business performance

BDO continues its growth trajectory from the prior financial year. Revenue increased by 4.7 percent on the prior year to CHF 221.4 million.

Read more



Income from services and fees




Facts and figures 2019





BDO network facts




Business performance by area:


Business Solutions

Tax & Legal

Financial Services



All relevant facts and figures at a glance – download your copy now.

Download (PDF)

Strengthening awareness for lifelong learning

Investment in the future

Read more

Providing trusted services beyond the year-end audit

Increasing demand for assurance and validated information

Read more

The impact of TRAF on SMEs

The Federal Act on Tax Reform and AHV Financing (TRAF) entered into force on 1 January 2020.

Read more

Client-oriented fee structures

Conventional fee structures are increasingly being called into question.

Read more


Managed by our Partners

Our 84 Partners hold an 80.5 percent stake in BDO, while our own pension fund holds the other 19.5 percent (as of end of 2019). The Executive Committee is made up of the CEO, five Heads of Regional Management and the Heads of Audit, Business Services & Outsourcing and Tax & Law. Under the chairmanship of the CEO, the nine Members make decisions on annual planning, allocation of funds, appointment of key personnel and all topics of significance for the company. The Board of Directors has three Members, including the Chairman of the Board of Directors who is also Chairman of the Partnership Association.



Executive Committee

From left to right

Harry Affolter Denis Boivin Stephan Bolliger
Werner Schiesser René-Marc Blaser Heinz Vogel
Martin Nay Markus Helbling Andreas Wyss



Board of Directors

From left to right

Werner Schiesser

Heinz Vogel (Chairman)

Michèle Etienne